Review the most commonly asked questions about our auction services.
How Can I Set-Up an Account to Bid in your Online Auctions?
The online account setup is very user-friendly, but if you do run into a problem, call us at 519-271-2646 and we will walk you through the process.
I don’t have a Credit Card. Can I still bid?
Unfortunately, you do need a credit card in order to register and bid.
How do I Consign Items to your Auctions?
What Happens if my Items Don’t Sell?
What is a Timed Auction?
Our online auctions typically run once a month for a period of one week. They start on a Wednesday night at 6 pm EST and start to close at 6 pm EST the following Wednesday.
A typical household/ estate online auction sale has 600 to 900 lots for sale. Each lot has a staggard closing time. For example, Lot #1 will close at 6 pm. Lot#2 will close 10 seconds later; Lot #3 will close 10 seconds after that, and so on. With 600 or 900 lots, a typical sale is usually completed in two and a half hours.
What does “Soft Close” mean?
“Soft-close” is a bidding term that allows bidders extra time to submit a bid, to allow everyone a fair chance to submit a bid.
As the time runs down on an item soon to close, if a Bidder submits a bid in the last 3 minutes of the Sale, it extends the Bid time an ADDITIONAL 3 MINUTES only on that item. As long as someone continues to bid on that item, the time period will continue to be extended. The time period eventually runs out when bidding ceases.
Every time I bid, I get a notice stating that I am “outbid.” How is this possible?
There are two strategies for bidding. Some people bid incrementally, each time they are outbid. Other Bidders submit “maximum” bids, so they only have to bid once. For example, Lot#4 is currently sitting at $10.00 and a Bidder has submitted a Maximum bid of $150.00. The maximum bid does not show up for anyone else except the Bidder submitting it. If no one else bids on the item, the Bidder will obtain the item for $10.00. If someone else bids on the item, they will automatically be “outbid” until the price reaches $150.00. Once the maximum bid has been surpassed, will a new Bidder be winning.
What is a "Max" Bid?
TERMS of SALE
The bidders(s) and the Auctioneer(s) agree that the terms listed below shall govern each and every auction sale.
All registration information the Bidder provides to the Auctioneer shall be current, complete, and accurate. All bidders must be 18 years of age or older. The bidder agrees to not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of any transaction being conducted on and during any auction sale.
- Settlement for payment for purchases can be made by cash, debit, approved cheque, Visa/Mastercard. All sales are subject to 13% HST (Harmonized Sales Tax). If you are exempt from paying sales tax you must provide the Auctioneer a copy of your license or fill out a tax exemption form. All sales are subject to a 15% Buyer’s Premium of the Purchase Price and payable by the Buyers. Full settlement to be made at the conclusion of the sale. Nothing is removed until paid in full, and invoice received.
- Buyer acknowledges and agrees not to retract their bids. The Highest Bidder shall be the Buyer, and if any dispute arises during the Sale, then the Auctioneer, may at his discretion, put the Lot up again. The Auctioneer’s decision is final. The Auctioneer reserves the right to accept or reject any bid and shall control the bidding at all times.
- Buyer shall be responsible for making all arrangements for merchandise pick-up and /or removal per specific terms or conditions listed for auction. Please note that some removal times are short, be aware of removal times when you bid. Please also bring your own “man power” for moving items.
- The items have been displayed and each Buyer shall be held to have satisfied himself as to the condition, identity and authenticity, and shall not be permitted to make any objections after the sale on any grounds whatsoever. Neither the Auctioneer nor the Owner is responsible for any error on conditions of items.
- All items are sold “AS IS, WHERE IS”. Once the item is sold, the Buyer shall assume full risk and responsibility for the item.
- Despite efforts to avoid withdrawal of item/lots from the sale after they are listed it may sometimes be necessary. Auctioneer and the Owner/Seller reserve the right to do so at any time before or during the sale. The Owner/Sellers of property sold through this Site reserve the right to reject any and all bids in their sole discretion. If there is a reserve on a lot, the Auctioneer and/or the Seller have the right to bid on behalf of the Seller.
- Merchandise becomes the full responsibility of the Buyer at time of PAYMENT. Any Buyer having someone, other than himself, pick-up his purchases must notify the Auctioneer. Buyer shall be at his own risk and liability at the Owners’ property for pick ups, and shall hold the Owner/Seller and the Auctioneer harmless for the Buyer’s negligence. Buyer shall also be held responsible for any damage to the Owner’s property, caused by the Buyer.
- Auctioneer reserves the right to resell any property not paid for in full with all funds received by Auctioneer within two days on the online auction item/lots closing date. Failure to pay for item/lots won on this online auction may result in legal action against Buyer.
- Auctioneer cannot , and will not, be held responsible for any interruption in service, errors and/or omissions, caused by any means and does not guarantee continual, uninterrupted or error free service or use of the Site. Bidder acknowledges that this auction is conducted electronically and relies on hardware and software that may malfunction without warning. The Auctioneer, in its sole discretion, may void a sale, temporarily suspend bidding and re-sell any items/lots that were affected by any malfunction. The decision of the Auctioneer is final.
- Auctioneer gathers information about Bidders and Owners/Sellers for the purposes of conduction online auctions only. Auctioneer does not, and will not, sell or rent this information.
- Auctioneer uses email mailing lists to notify its customers about online and live auctions. If you are receiving a particular mailing and wish to discontinue receiving future mailings, simply forward the received email to Auctioneer to have your name removed from our list.
- As a Bidder you are responsible for any bids placed under your bidding number and password. The security of your Bidder information is your sole responsibility as you, the Bidder, will be responsible for any and all bids placed under your number. If at any time you feel that your Bidder number and password have been compromised due to lack of security on your part you must notify Auctioneer immediately.
- By using this site, you, the Bidder, agree in advance to accept all rules, terms, and conditions, and any such possible changes thereto.
- Shackleton’s Real Estate & Auction Co. is acting as Agent for the Seller.
- The auction will start to close at 6:00pm. With 10 second incriments between each lot.
- What does “SOFT CLOSE” mean? Any bids placed in the last minute of the lot closing will cause the auction item to stay open for an additional 3 minutes. This will continue until all bidding has ceased.
- What is “MAXIMUM BIDDING”? Bidders may place a maximum bid on each item. Your initial bid will increase automatically, each time you are outbid, up to your maximum bid. If a competing bid is above your maximum bid, you will be required to bid online again, if you want to be the successful bidder.
- Any items purchased and not picked up within the final removal date will be considered deemed and abandoned and will be disposed of at the Auctioneers discretion.
Your use of this auction site marks your acceptance in full these Terms and Conditions.